JPP – Life Sciences Marketing specializes in Life Sciences Business Development & Marketing. We help biotech scale-ups & pharma to get noticed, attract business, and delight their audience. Interested in learning how to grow businesses and get connected with 15+ startups shaping the future Life Sciences? Sign up for the intership!
We are looking for an intern who can take on the challenge of developing and optimizing Digital Marketing and Communication strategies for JPP. During the internship, you will take on a project that involves a group of multiple innovative life-science (e.g. companies in the Leiden Bio-Science Park). You will be responsible for the daily marketing & communication activities for the multiple companies participating. The internship project is an excellent opportunity to combine Science with Communication and Marketing.
In addition to the project, you will also be involved in the day-to-day activities at JPP to get hands-on experience as a marketing specialist.
Your Project Responsibilities & Day-to-day Activities
- Subject Matter Expertise: Dive deep into understanding various communication strategies, both traditional and digital, and become the go-to expert within the organization. Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in the marketing and communication industry.
- Digital Marketing for Diverse Clients: Collaborate with a diverse set of clients to design and implement tailored digital marketing campaigns. Understand the unique needs and objectives of each client and devise strategies to achieve their marketing goals.
- Developing & Optimizing Strategies: Work closely with the team to develop and optimize comprehensive digital marketing and communication strategies for JPP. These strategies should align with the company’s overall vision and objectives.
- Hands-on Marketing Support: Be proactive in providing hands-on marketing support, including managing social media accounts, crafting compelling content for blogs and newsletters, creating engaging visuals, and overseeing email marketing campaigns
- Content Creation: Generate high-quality content that resonates with the target audience and reflects the brand’s identity. This includes writing engaging articles/blogs and creating eye-catching graphics.
Perfect Candidate Profile
Don’t worry. Having experience, familiarity or simply a keen interest in any of the points below is a great way to start!
We seek a Life Sciences Enthusiast with a robust understanding of the industry, including its latest advancements, trends, and regulatory dynamics. Knowledge of biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, diagnostics, medical devices, and other related sectors is paramount.
The ideal candidate should be adept at strategic planning and capable of crafting and rolling out marketing plans that resonate with our company’s objectives and catalyze business growth within the life sciences realm. Understanding various digital marketing channels is essential, including but not limited to social media, email marketing, content marketing, and SEO, to engage the life sciences demographic effectively.
Strong writing skills are a must for generating captivating and insightful marketing content such as whitepapers, case studies, blog posts, and product collateral, all tailored for the life sciences sector. Lastly, a keen sense of data analysis is vital for continually gauging marketing metrics and KPIs to refine campaign strategies. Excellent communication and presentation skills are a prerequisite, as the role demands articulating intricate scientific concepts to a broad audience lucidly and engagingly.
Currently pursuing higher education in, e.g., Biomedical Sciences, Biopharmaceutical Sciences, or another Life Sciences study.
Currently pursuing higher education in, e.g., Communication, Marketing, with a strong affinity with the life sciences industry.
What’s in it for you?
- Intership reimbursement: 400 euros (based on an internship period of 5-6 months and a 40 hour workweek).
- Free drinks on Thursday afternoon with the community.
- Access to workshops for personal growth and entrepreneurship.
In addition, we are well-connected in the Life Sciences industry with high-ranking connections that range from Leiden University alumni and start-up companies to business owners and C-level professionals. Of course, we gladly invite you into our network and will introduce you wherever we can.
We offer opportunities for personal growth and prepare you for a starter position in marketing and communication. Having prior experience with interns, we can offer you proper on-the-job learning and a sound plan to follow and develop.
The project is remarkable because you get to partake in collaboration with a broad set of life sciences companies, and is an excellent way to combine a love for science with marketing and communication. Additionally, you will learn a lot about entrepreneurship. All in all, a combination that you won’t find elsewhere.
The internship can start from September onwards and preferably lasts for 5 to 6 months at our office at PLNT Leiden.
Please get in touch with Kenjiro Lolling for more information.